CSR Report / From the Editorial Team
- Top Message (PDF:569KB)
- Special Features (PDF:1.36MB)
- Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility (PDF:1.1MB)
- For the Environment (PDF:1.2MB)
- With Our Customers (PDF:1MB)
- With Our Business Partners (PDF:585KB)
- With Our Shareholders and Investors (PDF:544KB)
- With Local Communities (PDF:1.6MB)
- With Our Employees (PDF:932KB)
- Corporate Governance (PDF:516KB)
- Stakeholder Communication (PDF:607KB)
- From the Editorial Team (PDF:482KB)
From the Editorial Team
Kaneka Group issued its Responsible Care Report in 1999, and renamed it the CSR Report in 2010 to include more socially responsible content. Since 2013, we renamed the digest edition the Communication Book to position this publication as a key communication tool with all stakeholders.
This year, for the first time, Kaneka Group will issue the Kaneka Report, which combines the conventional Annual Report, the CSR Report, and the Intellectual Property Report to strengthen ESG which means Environmental, Social and Governance.
The Kaneka Report delivers information on how we will continue to create value, integrate ESG into our business, and contribute to achieving a sustainable society through business efforts.
This report and its detailed information can also be found on our website.
We hope that our shareholders, investors, and other stakeholders understand the significance of the Kaneka Report.
● Organizations Covered in This Report
This report covers Kaneka Corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries both in Japan and other countries. The data on Responsible Care activities encompass the parent and all 60 Group production subsidiaries.
The following icons indicate the scope of activities. A section displaying all icons indicates that activities encompass the entire Group.
Group companies in JapanＪ ＪＡＰＡＮ
Group companies outside JapanＷ ＷＯＲＬＤＷＩＤＥ
In this report, “Kaneka” refers specifically to Kaneka Corporation. “Kaneka Group” encompasses Kaneka Corporation and Group companies (its consolidated subsidiaries). References to “Group company/companies” do not include Kaneka Corporation.
In this report, one ton is equal to 1,000 kilograms (one metric ton).
This report is available in Japanese and English.
● Third-Party Verification and Opinions
The Japan Chemical Industry Association verified the Responsible Care data in this report. Professor Chieko Minami of the Graduate School of Business Administration of Kobe University provided a third-party opinion on the overall content of the CSR Reports, following the 2015 version.
● Period Covered
Fiscal 2016 (April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017). In some cases, reporting covers activities before or after fiscal 2015.
● Reference Guidelines
The G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2012 edition) issued by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan.
2-3-18, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-8288, Japan
Back Number of CSR Report
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2016 The Digest Edition 2016
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2015 The Digest Edition 2015
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2014 The Digest Edition 2014
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2013 The Digest Edition 2013
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2012 The Digest Edition 2012
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2011 The Digest Edition 2011
- Kaneka Group CSR Report 2010
To view the PDF file, download Adobe Reader from the Adobe Systems Incorporated web site. *Adobe Acrobat Reader is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated, U.S.A