Community Initiatives (Local Communities)
Kaneka Group engages in highly open and transparent corporate activities to build strong ties with communities and deepen stakeholder understanding of its operations as a good corporate citizen.
Ｋ Ｊ Ｗ
Kaneka, Kaneka Hoken Center Co., Ltd., Kaneka Foods Corporation, Hokkaido Kanelite Co., Ltd
- Became a special sponsor of and provided contributions to the 2016 Hokkaido Marathon.
- Distributed 10,000 pieces of Brioche and steamed cheese breads for free at the Kaneka booth in the 2016 Hokkaido Marathon Expo.
Cheering at the Hokkaido Marathon (Hokkaido Kanelite Co., Ltd.)
All parent plants, Kaneka Sun Spice Corporation, Kaneka Tohoku Styrol Co., Ltd., Kaneka Hokkaido Styrol Co., Ltd., Tatsuta Chemical Co., Ltd., Kaneka Takasago Service Center Co., Ltd., Kaneka Osaka Service Center Co., Ltd., Kaneka Hoken Center Co., Ltd., Shiga Denshi Co., Ltd., River Seiko Corporation, Tochigi Kaneka Corporation, Kaneka Medix Corporation, Tokyo Kaneka Foods Manufacturing Corporation. Shinka Shokuhin Co., Ltd., Kaneka Solartech Corporation, Kaneka Foods Manufacturing Corporation, Sanvic Inc.
Held summer festivals and other events for neighborhood residents, employees, and employees of partner companies. Also provided donations for various local events, exhibited to industrial fairs, and offered polystyrene foam materials and other items
Kaneka Summer Festival (Takasago Plant)
Interacted with community residents at a local festival (Tokyo Kaneka Foods Manufacturing Corporation)
Tatsuta Chemical Summer Festival
Participated in a local industrial fair (Kaneka Solartech Corporation)
Takasago Plant, Kaneka Foods Manufacturing Corporation, Kaneka Takasago Service Center Co., Ltd., Tatsuta Chemical Co., Ltd., Kaneka Solartech Corporation, Kaneka Medix Corporation, Kaneka Foam Plastics Co., Ltd., Tochigi Kaneka Corporation, Kyushu Kanelite Co., Ltd., Hokkaido Kanelite Co., Ltd., Kaneka Eurogentec S.A., AnaSpec, Inc., HiHua Fiber Co., Ltd.
Participated and cooperated in sports events sponsored by neighborhood companies, industrial park associations and others that include marathon relay races, soft volleyball games, ground golf, bowling, jogging, walking, futsal, soccer, marathon, and softball, as well as in environmental festivals, etc. Also raised funds as part of various activities.
Participated in the Takasago Hamakaze Marathon
Relay Race (Takasago Plant)
Played in a friendship volleyball
competition held by the industrial park
(Kaneka Solartech Corporation)
Joined a bowling competition hosted
by the local government
(Kyushu Kanelite Co., Ltd.)
Takasago Plant, Osaka Plant, Shiga Plant, Kaneka Hokkaido Styrol Co., Ltd., Kaneka Medix Corporation, Shinka Shokuhin Co., Ltd., Kaneka Solartech Corporation, Tochigi Kaneka Corporation, Hokkaido Kanelite Co., Ltd., Sanvic Inc., Osaka Synthetic Chemical Laboratories, Inc.
Actively participated in traffic safety activities, safety week district promotion events, New Year firefighters parades, local safety public meetings, safe driving campaigns, and other safety activities. Also carried out disaster prevention training jointly with fire departments and accepted inspections by Labor Standards Inspection Offices, local police departments, and community residents.
Participated in the Ako Public Meeting on
Ant-violation and Local Safety
(Osaka Synthetic Chemical Laboratories, Inc.)
Disaster prevention training (Kaneka Solartech Corporation)
- Actively participated in opinion exchange sessions, including the Female Employees' Discussions, the 100 Meetings, and the Life Design Seminar hosted by Otsu City and its mayor.
- Participated in the Omi Kaneishi-Kai meeting held by the governor of Shiga Prefecture, to share opinions mainly on regional disaster prevention and cooperation, industry-university cooperation, future human resources development, and the social infrastructure of the operating environment.
Female Employees' Discussion
Kaneka Takasago Service Center Co., Ltd., Kaneka Osaka Service Center Co.,
- Held the Tohoku-Kumamoto Product Fair and sold products, including sake, side dishes to go with rice, and sweets, from six Tohoku prefectures and Kumamoto.
- People with disabilities cultivated winter and spring vegetables at open areas in the company residence and distributed them to community people. Also donated funds collected through local vegetables and fruits to a charity center.
Tohoku-Kumamoto Product Fair (Osaka Plant)
Tokyo Kaneka Foods Manufacturing Corporation
Gave a lecture at the seminar for community residents hosted by the Town Development Network Education and Culture Group, with the theme of "Food security from the perspective of processed oil and fat food products."
Food security seminar for community residents
Kaneka (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
Participated in Local Agenda 21 in Kuantan, conducted visits to the 2016 program focusing on preventing dengue fever in Kuantan and to the program of clean up activities and awareness-raising, and made comments on these programs.
Local Agenda 21
|Kaneka Belgium N.V.|