Community Initiatives (Others)
Kaneka Group engages in highly open and transparent corporate activities to build strong ties with communities and deepen stakeholder understanding of its operations as a good corporate citizen.
Ｋ Ｊ Ｗ
Cosponsoring the Japan Century Symphony Orchestra
As part of our CSR activities, we have cosponsored the Japan Century Symphony Orchestra as a corporate supporter since October 2016.
In addition to regular concerts, the orchestra focuses on community-based social contributions, such as "hospital concerts" to cheer up the elderly and patients through music, and "Touch the Orchestra," which encourages children in the next generation to become more familiar with music. We will provide support mainly for such community-based social contributions.
"Touch the Orchestra" encouraging children to become more familiar with music
Many children participating in the program
Kaneka Takasago Service Center Co., Ltd.
- Provided 80 kg of acorns for deer through the Foundation for the Protection of Deer in Nara.
- Made a year-end donation to welfare facilities, including for people with disabilities.
Donated acorns for deer in the Nara Park
Osaka Plant, Nagashima Shokuhin Co., Ltd., Kaneka Medix Corporation, Tatsuta Chemical Co., Ltd., Kaneka Solartech Corporation, Kaneka Foods Corporation
Made a memorial donation to the city, made contributions to municipal events (the Lantern Festival, the Grand Festival, etc.), and provided our products and welfare panels to various organizations.
Donated to a local lantern festival (Nagashima Shokuhin Co., Ltd.)
Provided our products to a local industrial fair (Tatsuta Chemical Co., Ltd.)
Biomaster, Inc., HiHua Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Donated to the Smile Fund for Breast Cancer of the Japan Cancer Society, and made presentations on CAL breast reconstruction at academic meetings.
- Invited a doctor from a local hospital and had employees become familiar with first-aid procedures.
Dr. Tsuji gave a lecture on the latest breast cancer treatments at the Smile Seminar (Biomaster, Inc.)
Employee training in first-aid procedures with a doctor from a local hospital (HiHua Fiber Co., Ltd.)
Kaneka Americas Holding, Inc., Kaneka North America LLC
- Participated in a walking event to raise funds for the Heart Walk and provided support for the hearing for medical research and education; raised 28,000 dollars in total.
- The Kaneka Foundation raised 27,000 dollars in total for local and domestic charity groups.
- Participated in a community meeting in the same industry and citizens in the Bay Area. Had dialogues with local residents on environmental conservation, traffic safety, security, etc.
Kaneka (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
Donated IT equipment units (CPUs, computers, printers, laptops, etc.) to eligible staff members and even to schools under CSR activities.
Members working for fundraising
Kaneka Singapore Co. (Pte) Ltd.
Continued to visit elderly housing and interact with the residents by playing communication games together with hospital volunteer guides.
|Kaneka, Cemedine Co., Ltd.|
|Shiga Plant, Kaneka Eurogentec S.A., AnaSpec, Inc.|
|Kaneka Medix Corporation|
|Osaka Synthetic Chemical Laboratories, Inc.|