Thank you for visiting the Kaneka website.
Since our founding in 1949 we have been engaged in the manufacture and sale of chemicals, functional plastics, expandable plastics, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, electrical raw materials and synthetic fibers and have provided highly specialized products in a wide range of fields.
On September 1, 2009, when we marked our 60th anniversary, we adopted our new corporate philosophy and long-term management vision titled “Declaration of Kaneka United for the future.” Comprising the goals we intend to achieve by 2020, this management vision can be considered our “corporate compass.” We will continue to pursue our objectives of “Reform & Growth” as we aim to forge a corporate image fashioned from the five “ties” listed below.
- Tie to the future
- As a research and development company brimming with creative energy and passion, we will create future-oriented businesses that leap beyond current market needs and back them up with new product development, thus protecting the global environment and contributing to the quality of life.
- Tie to the world
- We are determined to become a truly global enterprise with diverse human resources working together on a global scale. Our presence will be felt in markets around the world, including newly emerging ones.
- Tie with value
- We are proud of our unity and identity as the Kaneka Group and will take on the challenges of value creation and business innovation through close collaboration.
- Tie for innovation
- We will never cease to pursue innovation, fusing wisdom from both internal and external sources without getting caught up in organizational compartmentalization and conventional ways of doing things.
- Tie with people
- We in the Kaneka Group believe that the wellspring of corporate growth resides in human resources and will continue to seek innovation as we cultivate and nurture our valued employees.
Under “Declaration of Kaneka United for the future”, we seek to solve various social issues and global challenges by developing our seven product segments in our nine business divisions. Toward this end, we will continue to focus on allocating management resources to the four areas we have termed as our “Important Strategic Domains;” these comprise Environment & Energy, Health Care, Information & Communications, and Food Production Support. In recent years, we have developed and marketed a variety of products in these four domains, such as cell separation and culturing equipment that contributes to the fields of antibodies and cellular & regenerative medicine; bio-plastics incorporating biomass to provide a biodegradable function to help reduce waste; and graphite sheet, which helps to solve heat issues inherent in information and communications equipment.
At the same time, in the spirit of our vision of “Declaration of Kaneka United for the future,” we plan to increase the ratio of overseas sales from the current 40% to 70% by 2020. In fact, we continue to expand our international presence by establishing Kaneka South America in Brazil and Kaneka Foods Indonesia in the ASEAN region in 2013. Last year in Malaysia, the production of Polyimide film started to operate, and a new manufacturing facility for acrylic fibers decided to be established.
Although our vision of "Kaneka United for the future" is still in the process of being implemented, we intend to accelerate its development in order to provide world markets with a variety of innovative products that can help to solve various social issues and global challenges.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your continued patronage.